Start Spring off right with a fresh new recipe that features the unexpected smoky, sweet flavor of Schmacon, beef’s answer to bacon. Try this Schmacon-crusted Atlantic salmon for dinner tonight.
Schmacon-Crusted Atlantic Salmon
- 4 strips Schmacon™
- 1 6 oz. salmon filet
- 2 lemons
- 1 Hass avocado (ripe)
- 1 oz. canola oil
- 1 Tbs. salt and pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 oz. cold water
- First, whip water and egg yolk together. Lightly brush the salmon filet with the egg mixture, adding a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Lay Schmacon™ strips side by side on a cutting board, and lay salmon filet in the center. Next, wrap Schmacon™ around the salmon.
- Heat oil in a pan until it begins to smoke. Then with a metal turner, carefully set salmon in oil with smooth side down.
- Turn the filet when Schmacon™ begins to brown, approximately 3 minutes. Carefully turn over and cook for 4 more minutes.
- Remove salmon and place on a plate to rest.
- Pour oil out of the pan and squeeze lemon juice into the pan, not over heat, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice avocado directly into pan with lemon juice and heat over high heat for 20 seconds.
- Remove the liquid and avocado onto plate. Slice salmon in half and place on avocado. To finish, garnish with fresh herbs, and enjoy!
Special thanks to Schmacon for sharing this fun recipe!
Schmacon™ is a smoked uniquely seasoned and sweet, crispy beef product. It is made with whole-muscle beef and is easy to prepare, cooks in half the time of raw pork bacon and has less calories, fat and sodium. Schmacon can be enjoyed at any meal in a variety of ways. For more information, please visit schmacon.com.