If the idea of a melon soup seems like too much for you, you haven’t tried this easy watermelon gazpacho. It’s easy to prepare, and you don’t even need to use the stovetop!
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 summer tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh chopped basil or mint (optional topping)
- feta cheese (optional topping)
- Place watermelon, tomato, onion, and garlic in blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil.
- Thin it out with water if necessary (although it will thicken up when chilled) and season with salt and pepper.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours until nice and cold.
- Serve it topped with some fresh chopped basil or mint leaves and some crumbled feta cheese, if desired.
Beat the heat this summer with these simple-to-execute chilled soup recipes from the team at Chef Works. Comprised of a variety of fresh seasonal ingredients, these soups are a perfect starter for any backyard barbecue, picnic in the park, or beach bash. Simply prepare them at home, throw them in the cooler, and serve them up in small disposable cups when you’re ready to eat!