This chilled sweet pea and basil soup is the perfect complement to any backyard barbecue this summer. The bright color not only looks great, it tastes great too!
Sweet Pea and Basil Soup
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups of shelled green peas
- 1/2 large onion
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Put chicken stock and green peas in a pot half an onion that has not been chopped.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the onion, and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a blender and blend with 1/2 cup plain yogurt and a small bunch of basil leaves.
- Chill well and serve topped with more basil.
Beat the heat this summer with these simple-to-execute chilled soup recipes from the team at Chef Works. Comprised of a variety of fresh seasonal ingredients, these soups are a perfect starter for any backyard barbecue, picnic in the park, or beach bash. Simply prepare them at home, throw them in the cooler, and serve them up in small disposable cups when you’re ready to eat!