I Heart You! Valentine’s Heart Door Hanging

You all know, or will learn that I love to look at Martha’s decor ideas.
 She has great ideas, well she and her team of fellow “Marthas”.  Anyway, I saw this:
It is a carnation heart arrangement.  It looks beautiful, don’t ‘cha think?

The problem is, I don’t want to spend a ton of money on a bunch of flowers that won’t be reusable.  Enter another idea, over at Tater Tots and Jello, Jennifer took a Martha idea and made a cupcake liner wreath.  In response I made this, it looks like the heart Martha made, and it will last til next year…

You may copy these images for personal use only,
it may not be reproduced or posted on any other blog
without author’s written consent before use. Thank you!

(Sorry that the instruction sheet is split in two, otherwise it was too small to read.)

What do you think?

Comments

1. kmetzsch007 says

>So clever and cute. I wish I had even one oz. of the motivation you do but alas I do not but I sure enjoy watching you go!!! And I have to say I'm mighty impressed with the number of followers that keeps rising every day, you're amazing! Kiss that cute baby girl for me I really wish we lived closer!

2. Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda says

>Now that it the cutest idea ever! I thought it was carnations in the first picture! Beautiful! ~Rhonda :)

3. Heather@ theherberfamily.blogspot.com says

>It turned out great! I love the paper cups so many people are using- they make it look so much like carnations!

Thank you so much for stopping by the Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family link party, and adding this to the page! Don’t forget to stop back next week to see which links from this week are featured, and to add your new links!

4. Chari says

>Hello…

Ohhh…love this darling Valentine wreath! It's gorgeous and would be so easy and inexpensive to make! I never thought about using cupcake papers this way…great idea! Was just wondering if you seen M's (from Tales from an OC Cottage) Valentine wreath? She used it for her Sunday Favorites post. Great post…great idea, my friend! Love this pretty Valentine heart! Ohhh…and I think the little red flower that you added to the white heart looks gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us for Sunday Favorites!!!

Have a fabulous week, my friend!
    Chari @Happy To Design

5. Kim @ Starshine Chic says

>I love this!!!! I want to make one!!! But I probably won't as I am a procrastinator. I may buy the stuff to make my own, but I know I won't get it done. Maybe next year.

6. Tiff @ Making The World Cuter says

>Very pretty! I am seeing a lot of these today-that Martha… and that Jen-so clever! Love the white of yours-very pretty! Thanks for sharing! :)
    -Tiff

7. Lanie Ree says

8. Enchanted Rose Studio says

>Your heart door hanager is so pretty! You did a beautiful job! Love it!

Martha has always been a great source of inspiration!

Thanks for the tutorial!

Cheers!
    Tina

stop by for a visit when you get a chance ;)

9. Lori says

>I like this a lot!!! At least you didn't spend a ton of money… Way to go!

Thanks for joining me for another great party at "Get Your Craft on Thurs." Please join me next week for another wonderful party..

Please stop by for a big annoucement Tuesday, 16th. I'm so excited I'm about to bust…

10. Hootin' Anni says

>Great project.
    Altho, I'm not a fan of Ms. Stewart. LOL

Yours turned out beautifully.

My Show N Tell is HERE if you find time to stop by for a visit.

Happy Valentine's Day Weekend!!

11. Threeundertwo says

>You're smart. I would have pressed them down by hand and repeatedly burned the end of my finger, because that's how I work with glue guns. I love how this turned out! So pretty! Thanks for linking up to Finished for Friday!

12. Bea says

>This is a great idea. You could also use this craft for other holidays, using a different shape of cardboard and different colored cupcake papers.

13. concretenprimroses says

>Thats very pretty! I love the idea and the textrue of the cupcake papers and also wonder about using the concept for other holidays.
    Kathy

14. Angie - [email protected] says

>Love it! Come link your cute tute at my party: Thursday's Treasures!!