Take an outdated kitchen and create a functional gorgeous kitchen with these 15 kitchen remodel ideas.
More kitchen inspiration to keep the ideas flowing: We have remodeled two kitchens ourselves (in our Park House and our Downing House) and shared dozens of amazing kitchen remodels with you. Clearly, we LOVE kitchens!
15 Kitchen Remodel Ideas
Every kitchen remodel begins as a dream and some inspiration. To get the inspiration train moving, I’ve narrowed it down to just
ten, okay, fifteen of the best kitchen remodel ideas we’ve shared here on Remodelaholic. This was so hard to choose — like choosing a favorite chocolate bar, because they all are just so wonderful…
No two kitchens are alike, but doing all or part of a kitchen remodel yourself is a great way to cut costs so you can have the kitchen of your dreams while still on a budget.
And now, here are the kitchen remodel ideas I chose as our Remodelaholic’s favorite kitchen remodels. Click the link to see the full project, including the kitchen remodel before and afters — you won’t believe how some of these kitchens started out!
The white cabinet trend is still going strong. If you aren’t able to go all white, try a two toned look. Or go with contrasting countertops in darker shades. Here are some ideas for inspiration for white cabinet kitchen remodel ideas.
Big Kitchen Makeover on a Budget | Everywhere Beautiful on Remodelaholic
Country Kitchen Remodel with Reclaimed Wood Countertop | Keeping it Cozy on Remodelaholic
Kitchen Remodel with Cabinet Update Tutorials | My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia on Remodelaholic
Craigslist Kitchen Remodel | Binkies and Briefcases on Remodelaholic
Kitchen Remodel on a $100 Budget | Harbour Breeze on Remodelaholic
(you have to check out the crazy cabinets before the remodel!)
Complete Kitchen Renovation and Island Addition | House Four on Remodelaholic
Gutted Kitchen Remodel with New Lighting | Balancing Home on Remodelaholic
Classic Galley Kitchen Remodel | A Sense of Design on Remodelaholic
Complete Kitchen Transformation with White Cabinets | A Well-Dressed Home on Remodelaholic
1950’s Ranch Kitchen Makeover | Cape 27 on Remodelaholic
Black and White Kitchen Remodel | Eating in the Shower on Remodelaholic
Open Shelving and Half Walls
Add a bit of a curated touch to your kitchen by adding open shelving. Be thoughtful in adding useful and beautiful pieces. Or make a space seem bigger by adding in an opening to another room with a half wall.
Recycled Kitchen Cabinets with Open Shelving | The Domestic Fringe on Remodelaholic
Kitchen Remodel with Beadboard Open Shelving | Low Country Living on Remodelaholic
Remodeling Pro Tips
There are so many things we have learned from our remodels. here are a couple of great pointers to consider before starting a kitchen remodel.
- Consider remodeling in phases. It can be hard to be without a kitchen for a long time. Break down your kitchen remodel into chunks to accomplish easily over time. It make take longer, but it can help save your sanity throughout the process.
- Create an Inspiration File. I like to do this when looking through magazines, or even better when surfing the internet or pursing Pinterest. Create a Kitchen Remodel board and save all of your ideas in one place. P.S. Follow us on Pinterest for more great ideas.
- Decide what you can DIY and what you need to hire out. As we mentioned before doing some of the kitchen remodel work yourself can save you money overall. If you can do demo, great. Find what skills you feel are easily done by and then research hiring out the rest.
Read more about kitchen remodeling here:
- 40 Beautiful Kitchens with Gray Cabinets
- 10 Great DIY Kitchen Countertop Ideas
- How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets in a Weekend
- 15 DIY Kitchen Backsplash Ideas
Please pin this post for later:
Originally posted 8.26.2013 // Updated 4.14.2021