10 Clever Christmas Decor Ideas
1. Erin had a fabulous idea for how to upgrade plain white Christmas lights on the cheap! Check out the photo how-to on her blog, This Journey.
2. No space for a tree? Allergic to pine? Want something fun and different? Check out this PVC Pipe Tree on Martha Stewart. It’s whimsical and modern! Just hang it right on the wall and decorate the cubbies.
3. If you’re short on counter space, you can still display a cute nativity this Christmas. Just make one to hang instead! Go see Create it. Go! for instructions on this wood chip garland nativity.
4. Update your boring red and green with some fun color – these trees are perfect! All you need is wood, a saw and craft paint to make this colorful forest by Inspired By Charm.
5. Give your chilly walkway some welcoming warmth with a few holiday ice lanterns! They’re cheerful and warming, and super easy to create. Oh My! Creative tells you how.
6. This yarn-wrapped Christmas bulb garland is so cute and quaint! Yarn is a cozy decoration around the holidays and this garland makes a festive statement. Turn a few replacement light bulbs into a more charming decoration with Kojo Designs.
7. Monsters Circus shares another great Christmas light upgrade – this one using wooden balls. The look is clean, crisp and modern, but you could put your own twist on it by painting the wooden balls as well.
8. Create outdoor topiaries for your porch using tomato cages and faux pine garlands for a tiny fraction of the cost of real Christmas topiaries! Camp Clem give you all the details you need.
9. If you really want to wow your guests this Christmas, create an invisible tree by hanging green ornaments from jewelry string! The look is pretty jaw-dropping and it’s apparently not as difficult as it appears. See how on Not Martha.
10. Use straws (straws!) to create some seriously awesome himmeli-inspired ornaments, just like Vintage Revivals. If you want more authenticity, spray paint them gold or brass.
Kimberly Mueller is the “me” over at bugaboo, mini, mr & me, a blog that highlights her creative endeavors. She especially likes to share kid crafts, sewing attempts, recipes, upcycled projects, photography and free printable gift tags/cards. When she’s not enjoying being married to her best friend, chasing after the natives (AKA her three kids) and attempting to keep the house in one piece, you can find her with a glue gun in one hand and spray paint in the other. Aside from DIY pursuits, she also enjoys writing, reading, music, singing (mostly in the shower) and the color yellow. Kimberly recently published a craft book entitled Modern Mod Podge. You can also find her on Facebook, Pinterest,Bloglovin’ and Instagram. Email her at: bugabooblog(at)yahoo.com
More Christmas DIY Inspiration: