If you love to make your own gifts for all different occasions, don’t overlook the potential of essential oils to create the perfect present! Whether you’re looking for an easy way to make a big batch of thank you gifts, a unique Mother’s Day gift, little stocking stuffers or a tailor made, personalized birthday present for nearly anyone, essential oils is a great way to go. Here are 25 gifts to make with essential oils – all customizable and sure to be a huge hit!
1. Peppermint Foot Cream – Your feet will be more energized after treating them to this tingling, refreshing, all natural foot cream. Make it part of a pedicure gift set by adding nail polish and a file!
2. Garden Hand Butter – If you’ve got a seasoned gardener on your gift list, they’ll love this soothing hand cream! It works miracles on dry, cracked, hard-working skin. Plus, it has a warm, spicy, earthy smell they’ll find appealing.
3. Lavender Coconut Body Cream – This body cream smells delicious, has calming properties, and will leave your skin feeling amazing. It makes a luxurious gift for any birthday or shower.
4. Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter – This moisturizer feels like an expensive indulgence, but you can totally customize this DIY recipe and make a ton for all the ladies on your gift list without breaking the bank!
5. Citrus Sugar Scrub Cubes – This delicious little bite-sized sugar cubes aren’t for eating – they’re for scrubbing! They’re not only adorable, they also come in several refreshing colors and scents, making exfoliating fun!
6. Orange Honey Lotion Bars – These lotion bars smell great, and leave your hands and face feeling amazingly moisturized. The ingredients are known to promote skin health, and the citrus scent is uplifting and fresh. Gift them in a small jar, or wrap in pretty paper with twine!
7. Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars – These super cute mini bars of exfoliating soap are a perfect Christmas present or stocking stuffer – perfectly scented for the Christmas season! But you could substitute your favorite essential oils so they’re appropriate for any holiday or season.
8. Whipped Shaving Cream – Whip up your own shaving cream recipe with essential oils to add relaxing, energizing or refreshing properties and incredible scents tailored to any man or woman on your gift list. This version is super light, creamy and fluffy – making it perfectly luxurious.
9. Lemon Grapefruit Salt Scrub – Lemon brightens skin and grapefruit is great for skin health, so why not combine them in a salt scrub for exfoliation? The light, citrus aroma will brighten your day, uplift your mood and leave you feeling refreshed. Make some for yourself AND the birthday girl!
10. Stress-Away Bath Salts – These bath salts use the strong calming properties of Stress Away oil to create a spa-like bath soak experience that will promote mental balance and ease away tension. It’s a perfect addition to a spa gift kit!
11. Perfect Little Bath Bombs – These colorful, perfectly round little bombs are a gorgeous gift that can be packaged up in lots of fun ways. Pop a batch in a glass jar, place in a small egg carton, wrap in colored cellophane. They’ll add some fizzy fun to your friends’ routine and the essential oils can refresh, relax, uplift and energize with any number of different scents!
12. Stressed-Mom Bath Bombs – Making your own Mother’s Day gifts? Have a friend that’s a soon-to-be mom? Or a mommy friend’s birthday coming up? Give them a jar of awesome stress-reducing bath bombs that are great for the skin so they can have a spa day right at home!
13. Homemade Bubble Bath – You can create your own bubble bath with any of your favorite essential oils! Mix and match scents to give it a personal touch and create a “spa day” gift set.
14. Lemon, Lavender and Vanilla Body Spray – Give your friends this delectable, mood-boosting spray so they can use it as a body mist, linen spray or room freshener and enjoy the relaxing and uplifting affects!
15. Brightening Papaya Mask – This brightening papaya mask smells glorious and is super versatile – just add in your favorite citrus and uplifting essential oils (like Joy or Stress Away) and package it in an airtight jar. Your friends skin will will thank you!
16. Lip Scrub – Buff up your lips after a long winter with some refreshing, healthy lip scrub! Make a big batch to use as favors or thank you gifts!
17. All-Natural Lip Balm – Make a batch of lip balm using this recipe and switch it up for any type of gift you need! Christmastime? Make Cinna-Mint! Mother’s Day? Try Lavender! Print out the free labels provided to really dress up your lip balm gifts.
18. DIY Lip Gloss – This isn’t your ordinary balm! It’s got glam, aroma, and healing properties wrapped into one little tube! For a lip color that smells good enough to eat that can be tailored to produce whatever affects you’d like (lavender for relaxation, peppermint for energy, grapefruit for lip and skin health, etc) make your own gloss the ladies on your gift list will love!
19. Perfume Solids – These adorable perfume solids make great gifts because they’re completely customizable! Use favorite scents, or oils that correspond to specific birthday months or seasons.
20. Curiously Strong Mints – You can create your own super tasty mints in any color and just about any flavor you can come up with! An awesome party favor gift, or stocking stuffer. Make them with specific people in mind – your dad’s favorite flavor for Father’s Day, for instance.
21. Soy Candles – Inexpensive and surprisingly easy, soy candles make great gifts! The recipe is easily adaptable – multiply it to make larger batches, add essential oils in different combinations for different aromas and effects and use jars in different sizes and shapes for gift sets.
22. Travel Rollerball Remedies – If you know someone who loves to taking trips, these small rollerball remedies are a perfect gift! With cure for headaches, general fevers and immune boosters, bruise busters and more, there are lots of tiny first aid tubes ideal for frequent travelers. Make your favorite remedies mini-sized, with bright labels and package them together for a kit any world traveler will get excited about.
23. DIY Reed Diffuser – Reed diffusers are actually quite easy and inexpensive to make, though their store-bought counterparts lead you to believe otherwise! Create a one of a kind gift for your love ones by personalizing scents, containers and colors just for them! They smell amazing, they add to home decor and they’ve got great health benefits!
24. Home State Clay Car Diffuser – These clay diffusers are too cute. Simply cut and shape some clay into your gift recipient’s home state, then hand stamp the word home. Punch a hole and insert some twine, then wet with a drop or two of your favorite scent. You could even include a small sample of essential oil scents for them to reapply!
25. See and Smell Play Dough – Create a unique and fun gift for your favorite kiddos with this play dough recipe. It’s not your ordinary play dough, though. The colors and scents match – kids will love playing with this moldable dough that looks and smells good enough to eat! You can create a whole play dough kit with cookie cutters, stampers, molds and more!
Kimberly Mueller is the “me” over at bugaboo, mini, mr & me, a blog that highlights her creative endeavors. She especially likes to share kid crafts, sewing attempts, recipes, upcycled projects, photography and free printable gift tags/cards. When she’s not enjoying being married to her best friend, chasing after the natives (AKA her three kids) and attempting to keep the house in one piece, you can find her with a glue gun in one hand and spray paint in the other. Aside from DIY pursuits, she also enjoys writing, reading, music, singing (mostly in the shower) and the color yellow. Kimberly recently published a craft book entitled Modern Mod Podge. You can also find her on Facebook, Pinterest,Bloglovin’ and Instagram. Email her at: bugabooblog(at)yahoo.com
More essential oil ideas:
Kimberly Mueller is the “me” over at bugaboo, mini, mr & me, a blog that highlights her creative endeavors. She especially likes to share kid crafts, sewing attempts, recipes, upcycled projects, photography and free printable gift tags/cards. When she’s not enjoying being married to her best friend, chasing after the natives (AKA her three kids) and attempting to keep the house in one piece, you can find her with a glue gun in one hand and spray paint in the other. Aside from DIY pursuits, she also enjoys writing, reading, music, singing (mostly in the shower) and the color yellow. Kimberly recently published a craft book entitled Modern Mod Podge. You can also find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin’ and Instagram.