20 Tantalizing Christmas Breakfast Ideas
On Christmas morning, the last thing you want to think about is what you’ll make your hungry brood for breakfast! With a little advanced planning, breakfast can be a special Christmas crowd-pleaser without any added stress. Making the same breakfast every year can be a fun tradition the whole family looks forward to. So take a look at these holiday breakfast ideas and plan your menu now!
1. Pecan Pancake with Caramel Apple Topping, My Recipes – This version of the classic pancake is actually made as a pan-baked jelly roll, instead of individual cakes. It cooks up much faster with less effort, making it ideal for serving 6 or more people. All the flavors combine to make a sweet winter treat.
2. Mock Egg Souffle, The Dating Divas – This dish has all the look and taste of a fancy soufflé, but goes together more like a casserole. You make it the night before, but can prep it even before that! Makes the morning simple, since all you have to do is bake it.
3. Eggnog French Toast Casserole, Babble – Combine flavors of the holidays with classic french toast in casserole form and you’ve got one exciting breakfast! French toast is a favorite, and it’s much more crowd-friendly when made as a casserole.
4. Christmas Breakfast Strata, Back To The Book – This is an eye-catching dish that tastes amazing to boot. Gruyere cheese, sundries tomatoes, and spinach take this yummy strata from your average egg breakfast to a holiday feast!
5. Christmas Breakfast Skillet, Creamy Crunchy Sweet – This mouth-watering skillet is a hearty, savory breakfast option. Prep takes only 10 minutes, then you just sit back and let it bake while you open presents!
6. Cranberry Orange Breakfast Bread, The Lady Behind the Curtain – A yummy alternative to pastries or cinnamon rolls, this recipe is sure to be a hit! Tastes of the season combine in a sweet bread that takes less time to make than cinnamon rolls or sticky buns.
7. Three Bears’ Porridge, bugaboo, mini, mr & me – Think porridge is plain old ordinary breakfast slop? Think again. The rich and creamy vanilla porridge is topped with fruit filling (or fresh fruit) for a delectable morning meal your family will beg for.
8. Cream Cheese Filled Wreath, My Recipes – This is a delicious nod to the classic pine bough wreath. It’s a make ahead recipe you can start over 24 hours before you eat it, which is nice when you expect a hectic morning. The vanilla icing with light sugar sprinkle look and taste amazing.
9. Hashbrown Casserole, Ezra Pound Cake – On a cold morning, there’s nothing like wonderful, warm comfort food, and this casserole is just that. Cheese, butter, potatoes all in a creamy sauce. Your family will swoon.
10. Blueberry Maple Breakfast Bake, Simply Recipes – This is yet another make ahead breakfast. It’s lighter fare than some other french toast bakes, and the berries add a nice pop of fresh flavor.
11. Italian Brunch Torte, Taste of Home – This torte is an amazing blend of savory flavors from Italy, including ham, salami, provolone cheese, parmesan cheese and red peppers. Mix in some Italian seasoning, put it between crescent rolls, bake it up and you’re family will be amazed with this delicious concoction.
12. Creme Brûlée French Toast, Better Homes and Gardens – Yes, it’s another french toast recipe. This one is reminiscent of indulgent creme brûlée dessert, and better yet, you make it in the crockpot!
13. Aebilskivers, Rad Megan – Here’s a traditional Danish treat seems a bit like donut holes – only ten times better. A rich, buttery flavor and powdered sugar topping ensure that these won’t sit on the table for long.
14. Baked Berry Oatmeal, David Vale Fitness – If you’re looking for a breakfast with all the flavor and warmth of heavier comfort foods without the added calories, try this delicious version of traditional oatmeal. It’s oatmeal, but fancy enough that your family will request is on holidays!
15. Pull-Apart Sticky Buns, The Yummy Life – What do you get when you combine the delicious flavor of sticky buns with make ahead convenience? A Christmas breakfast miracle, that’s what!
16. Wonton Breakfast Cups, Cooking With Mel – Cute and bite-sized, these little creations are a happy combination of savory flavors and crisp wonton wrappers. Bake them up for a healthy take on wontons. They’re perfect for customization as well, since you can add just about anything you like to eat with eggs into the recipe.
17. Cranberry Scones, Two Peas and Their Pod – Scones are classic holiday fare, especially when they’re stuffed with cranberries. These are a lighter option than glazed breads and gooey buns.
18. Panettone Bread Pudding with Amaretto Sauce, Ezra Pound Cake – This is no ordinary bread pudding. This is delectable, warm, creamy goodness. You can make the sauce ahead and whip the pudding up day of. Combine to wow the crowd.
19. Breakfast Biscuit Sandwiches, Delish – Topped with eggs, cheese, country ham and jam, these are some biscuit sandwiches that put restaurant variations to shame! Make the flaky, buttery biscuits well ahead, then put the sandwiches together in the morning. Easy and delicious!
20. Monkey Bread Muffins, My Baking Addiction – Your plain Jane monkey bread gets an overhaul in this recipe! You’ve got all your favorite tastes, gooeyness and fun of the bread in individual portions. You can have them from bowl to table in less than 30 minutes, so you can savor them while focusing on other Christmas matters!
Kimberly Mueller is the “me” over at bugaboo, mini, mr & me, a blog that highlights her creative endeavors. She especially likes to share kid crafts, sewing attempts, recipes, upcycled projects, photography and free printable gift tags/cards. When she’s not enjoying being married to her best friend, chasing after the natives (AKA her three kids) and attempting to keep the house in one piece, you can find her with a glue gun in one hand and spray paint in the other. Aside from DIY pursuits, she also enjoys writing, reading, music, singing (mostly in the shower) and the color yellow. Kimberly recently published a craft book entitled Modern Mod Podge. You can also find her on Facebook, Pinterest,Bloglovin’ and Instagram. Email her at: bugabooblog(at)yahoo.com
Need a little more holiday inspiration?
Adult Gift Ideas Elf on the Shelf Ideas DIY Christmas Wreaths