25 Outdoor String Lights
Outdoor string lights are an easy way to add a little ambience to your outdoor spaces. They work great with pergolas, around fire pits, and patios.
Update more outdoor areas with these ideas: Hide outdoor eyesores, build a pergola with swings, and build a pallet deck.
Add an extra dose of ambience and light to outdoor spaces with these unique strings of lights. Some are plugin, battery operated, or even solar powered.
There are so many cute options in a variety of styles. Let’s take a look.
25 Outdoor String Lights
This post contains affiliate links for string lights for your convenience. Learn more and read our full disclosure policy here. If you can’t see these images it may be your ad blocker (you might need to disable it), or you can check out the list below.
- Better Homes And Garden Globe Lights – Walmart
- Vintage Garden Lights – Walmart
- Colorful Drop Solar Lights – Walmart
- Curtain String Lights – Walmart
- Twinkle Star Lights – Walmart
- Lantern String Lights – Walmart
- Patterned Globe Lights – Wayfair
- Mason Jar Lights – Wayfair
- Warrington Bulb Lights – Wayfair
- Shaded Bulb Lights – Wayfair
- Summer Globe Lights – Wayfair
- Gold Globe Solar Lights – Wayfair
- Brown Edison String Lights – Wayfair
- Light Bulb Lights – Wayfair
- Decorative Lights – Wayfair
- Copper Bulb Shaded Lights – Wayfair
- Solar Droplet Lanterns – Anthropologie
- Solar Cylinder Lantern Lights – Anthropologie
- Metal Frame Fairy Lights – Target
- White Lanterns – Target
- Tube Lights – Target
- Silver Round Hood Lights – Target
- Cage Lantern Lights – Home Depot
- Globe and Cage Lights – Home Depot
- Black Vintage Candelabra Lights – Home Depot
- Black Hood and Cage Lights – Home Depot
Click the arrows on either side of the image below to see more string lights.
Outdoor String Light Design Inspiration
Found some lights you love, but not sure how to hang them in your outdoor living spaces? We have a few ideas of real life spaces to give you ideas.
With a large patio, string lights around a pergola and around all deck or patio areas. The great thing about using lots of lights, it ensures that you can have lighting in all areas.
A different pergola, but it still looks great. Add hooks to the bottom of a pergola to hang lights. This can also work under a patio covering.
Here is another look at how to add those the hooks and lights to a modern pergola.
Pergolas can also add lights through the slats at the tops. Again using hooks or weaving within the slats, matching this DIY shade sail.
No pergola? Use posts in the ground or even in pots to add lighting wherever you need it. Then string up the lights on the poles like this.
And for a hardcore big project: build this amazing pergola for swings, around a firepit! A few extra string lights are the perfect touch!
Which is your favorite set of lights? We love that there is so much variety to fit all of the styles.
Please pin this post for later: