I don’t know about you but I am always looking for easy fast recipes. It seems like I am never together enough to have thought about dinner more than 30 minutes before it is time to eat. This quick taco salad recipe is a great dinner in no time! Thank Jen, from Bakerette for sharing it with us today!
5-Star Taco Salad Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 package (10 1/2 ounces) corn chips
- Avocado (optional)
- In a medium skillet on medium-high heat, brown the ground beef into small chunks until no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in ketchup, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and olives. Mix together the mayo and taco seasoning mix and pour over lettuce. Toss to coat.
- Add in the beef mixture and toss until thoroughly combined; or put salad on a plate and top with beef mixture, salsa, corn chips, and avocados ,if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from TasteOfHome.com I love visiting you each month and sharing with you some of my favorite recipes. Thanks so much for having me Cassity!
I’d love to have you stop by to visit me at Bakerette.com or connect with me on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter! Adios! If you liked this recipe, you might also like these other recipes found at Bakerette.com:
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.