Hello again! It’s Ruthie from Whats Cooking with Ruthie and I’m back to share a delightful recipe with you! I don’t know about you all but when I have overripe banana’s- I’m excited to find new recipes to make with them.
Which is how I happened to find this delightful Banana Oatmeal Cake to share with you!
Banana Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- 1/2 C plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C whole wheat cake flour
- 1 C oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Brown Butter Frosting:
- 1/4 C butter
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream yogurt and sugar; mix until light and fluffy (3-4 min)
- Add egg; mix well.
- Add bananas, milk, and vanilla; mix.
- Add flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix with each addition.
- Evenly pour batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 23-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick removes clean.
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, melt butter continue stirring until lightly browned and aromatic.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in 1 C powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla; whisk.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and milk; whisk until smooth.
- Quickly pour onto cooled cake and spread.
- Frosting sets up as it cools.
I love that this Banana Oatmeal Cake has NO oil in the cake… don’t you worry though! It’s moist and delicious all the same.
Here are a couple of fabulous autumn desserts you may also enjoy… in fact the Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies Cassity and I made together last year when we we’re baking and hanging out one time- SO fun!
Thanks for having me visit and share recipes with you every month! I just love Cassity and all of you too. Happy Cooking! xoxo Ruthie
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.