Here’s a fun twist on traditional waffles to try on National Waffle Iron Day this year! These decadent bananas foster waffles will make your mouth water!
Bananas Foster Waffles
- Fresh baked waffles
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 6 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- In a large skillet, combine corn syrup, brown sugar, maple syrup and pecans.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add banana slices and rum extract.
- Coat with the syrup mixture, and simmer 1 minute.
- Spoon over waffles. Serve immediately.
Thanks to KRUPS for submitting their signature waffles recipe. Celebrate National Waffle Iron Day all day long with these other waffle recipes for each meal!