National Waffle Iron Day is coming up, and who doesn’t love a good waffle? Here are 5 tips to help you achieve the perfect waffles. Try them out with this signature waffle recipe from renowned kitchen appliance company, KRUPS.
Five Tips for Perfect Waffles plus bonus recipe
1. Read your waffle iron’s instruction manual!
2. Heat your waffle iron for at least 10 minutes before pouring the batter in, or your waffles will not rise properly and you will have heavy and flat waffles.
3. Take it easy! Don’t mix the batter too quickly or vigorously. Use a slow, even tempo to get the right consistency, or your waffles will be tough and chewy.
4. No peeking! We know you’re hungry. But your patience will be reward. Don’t lift the lid too early or you will let out the steam.
5. Always finding yourself in sticky situations? Do not use cooking spray on your waffle iron. Instead, use a vegetable oil. Just take a basting brush or a paper towel and cover the surface lightly with oil. Your waffle iron will last much longer, and, in the end, you will have fewer problems with sticking. It also helps to produces a better crust on the waffle.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the KRUPS F654 Waffle Iron.
- Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy.
- Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
- Brush oil on preheated waffle iron. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
Thanks to KRUPS for submitting their signature waffles recipe. Celebrate National Waffle Iron Day all day long with these other waffle recipes for each meal!