Looking for a quick treat, but don’t want to bake? These chocolate peanut butter Cheerio treats are quick and easy AND have the added benefit of a little fiber!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sprinkles (optional)
- Pour your 5 cups of Cheerios into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place the butter and marshmallows in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Stir continuously while heating, until melted and smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until blended.
- Pour mixture over Cheerios, fold in until all pieces are covered.
- Add chocolate chips, and distribute evenly throughout.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13 x 9 pan and press into place.
- Add sprinkles if desired.
- Cool slightly before serving.