Enjoy a hearty and healthy snack with these homemade baked oatmeal bars. Get your chocolate fix, too!
Baked Oatmeal Bars
- 2 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 2 ½ t. cinnamon
- 4 t. of liquid stevia extract
- 1 c. unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 egg white
- ½ c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ¼ t vanilla
- 1 c. 70 percent bitter sweet chocolate chunks, finely chooped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; spray coconut oil on 8×8 pan.
- Combine oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a food processor and pulse to mix well.
- Add milk, egg white, applesauce, stevia and vanilla to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Gently fold in chocolate chunks. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before cutting into squares.
- Makes 8 large squares or 16 smaller squares.
- Can substitute raisins, cranberries, dried cherries, etc, or reduce amount of milk and add peanut butter.