There’s nothing quite like sneaking a taste of pre-baked cookie dough. Well now you don’t have to worry about health hazards! These chocolate chip cookie dough truffles are made with pasteurized eggs so they make the perfect safe, delightful treat!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Safest Choice™ pasteurized egg yolk(s)
- 1 1/3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 c mini chocolate chips (divided use)
- 4 tsp shortening
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; continue to cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly, until butter foams and turns light golden brown. Pour butter into large mixing bowl.
- Add sugars, vanilla, and salt to butter, and mix using a mixer on medium speed, until well combined – about 2 minutes.
- Beat in egg yolks until combined – about 1 minute. Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in flour until well combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips until combined.
- Roll cookie dough into 24 balls. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, melt remaining 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave, stirring twice, until melted and smooth – about 1-2 minutes.
- Dip cookie dough balls into chocolate and place on waxed paper to dry.
Thanks to Safest Choice for sharing this yummy treat made with their safe pasteurized eggs!