Can we have Bacon Corn Guacamole for every meal? I mean could that be a thing or is it a little bit too much? Because honestly is so delicious that I could totally do it!
Just think about it for a second:
Guacamole, the chunky full of flavor one, is delicious.
Bacon, is delicious (I mean this one is pretty obvious).
Street corn, slightly grilled is also delicious.
So if you mix the three of them together into one bowl of creamy, chunky, slightly spicy and crunchy guacamole, the result is going to be mind blowing good!
This is one of those recipes that you should have in your back pocket and make for every party and gathering you host, or anyone that you are attending as a guest. Trust me when I say this is a total crowd favorite! I actually made it for a couple of get-togethers this past month, and the bowl of Bacon Corn Guacamole lasted a whopping 5 seconds. To say that it flew out of the dish and into everyone's mouth is a total understatement.
But that's not the only thing I love about this recipe, I also love that's super quick and easy to make (like 10 minutes tops quick), and that you can customize it to fit your taste and what you have in your fridge.
Bacon + Corn + Guacamole are the base but on top of that you could really let your imagination run wild and load it with anything and everything, my favorites so far are cheese (cotija or cheddar), caramelized onions, sour cream and roasted pineapple, and jalapeños and Sriracha sauce have also made an appearance in my bowl.
Then it's just a matter of serving it with nachos, toasted flour tortillas, with bread, or veggies.
- 3 Bacon strips
- 1 Cup corn
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Avocados
- ½ Cup cheddar cheese cubes
- ¼ Cup red onion, chopped
- ⅛ Cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp chili powder
- 2 Tsps key lime juice
- ⅛ Cup green onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and cook them in a saucepan over medium heat until crispy.
- Remove from the saucepan and set them aside.
- Take the corn to a pan over medium heat, add the minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Chop the avocados into cubes and place them in a large bowl
- Mash the avocados and add the cheese, red onion, and sour cream.
- Mix everything together.
- Incorporate the lemon juice, olive oil, chili powder, key lime juice, green onions, salt, pepper, and crispy bacon.
- Garnish with half a key lime and a couple of nachos.
- Serve with nachos and enjoy.