Here at Remodelaholic we love all things home decor and DIY, but we also love RECIPES. While we will continue to share our latest and greatest remodeling projects we want to start sharing some really yummy recipes once a week. Enjoy the recipes and know that we are still Remodelaholics.
A good stock pot and blender are key items needed to make this carrot soup. This 12-quart Cuisinart stock pot (affiliate link) and Ninja Professional Blender (affiliate link) are both budget-friendly options that will get the job done with ease.
If you prefer a more simple carrot soup, omit the curry powder, garlic cloves and coconut milk from the recipe. Either way this soup is a great source of veggies (and your kids won’t even know it).
In our opinion, soup is always a good idea. Serve this coconut curry carrot soup with a big slice of bread for extra appeal. Now it’s time to get cooking!
Coconut Curry Carrot Soup
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 oz butter
- 1 T curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 gallon chicken stock substitute chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can coconut milk
- Peel carrots and cut them into medium chunks.
- In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, onion, butter, curry powder and garlic cloves for several minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add flour and stir for a few seconds.
- Whisk in the chicken broth, slowly first so you can get all the flour lumps out.
- Bring mixture to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Pour mixture into blender and process until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan and when ready to serve, add the heavy cream and coconut milk.
- Salt and pepper to taste.