Here at Remodelaholic we love all things home decor and DIY, but we also love RECIPES. While we will continue to share our latest and greatest remodeling projects we want to start sharing some really yummy recipes once a week. Enjoy the recipes and know that we are still Remodelaholics.
Cooler temperatures instantly make me want to make soup for every meal. An added bonus with this recipe is that it’s easy to freeze. However, if you decide to go this route be sure to forgo adding the noodles. They don’t freeze well.
This soup is sure to become an instant classic in your fall and winter meal rotation. Full of nutrients and color it’s a crowd pleaser at any table.
Whip up a batch of this delicious minestrone soup for your next family meal. Your family (kids included) are sure to eat it up. Hooray for soup weather!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 3 cups diced onion
- 1 quart tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can green beans 15 oz
- 1 can kidney beans 15 oz
- 1 can white beans 15 oz
- 1 cup chopped green cabbage
- 1 T salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 4 T beef bullion
- 10 cups water
- 1/2 cup brown rice uncooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup macaroni or shell noodles uncooked
- 1-2 cups chopped zucchini
- Saute carrots, onion and celery in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and cans of beans (drained).
- Add all ingredients from cabbage to brown rice and simmer for 35 minutes on low.
- Next add peas, spinach, noodles and zucchini.
- Simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Be sure not to overcook or the beans will suffer.
- Garnish soup with parmesan cheese if desired.