For those looking to spice up a classic treat, try these unconventional sweet and spicy chocolate cookies made with spicy mustard!
Sweet and Spicy Chocolate Cookies
Sweet and Spicy Chocolate CookiesPrint Recipe
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 2/3 c. plus 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp Colman’s Original Prepared Mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the chocolate in a small heavy saucepan over low heat and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon, and set aside.
- In electric mixer, cream together butter and 2/3 cup sugar.
- Add the melted chocolate and the egg and beat well.
- Dissolve the Colman’s Mustard in the heavy cream and add to the chocolate mixture.
- On the lowest speed, fold in the sifted flour mixture.
- Divide the dough in half. Place each half on a sheet of waxed paper and form into a 10-inch strip.
- Using the waxed paper to help, lift and roll each strip into a 10-inch cylinder. Wrap each cylinder in the waxed paper, twisting the ends to secure.
- Chill for two hours.
- Slice in ¾ inch rounds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
Thanks for Colman’s Mustard for submitting this fun and innovative recipe!