To say that is good is an understatement, this is way beyond delicious! It’s packed with all the chocolate flavor, it has a little kick of orange citrus, it has the fluffy frosting on top and the chewy cake on the bottom. Oh my gosh just talking about it is making me drool.
Seriously though, these Orange Chocolate Cake Squares are something that you need to make ASAP. I mean it’s not only incredibly delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make, so there’s really no excuse to not make it.
And when I say this is easy I actually mean it. This is as easy as throwing all your ingredients into a bowl and mixing until everything is well incorporated, then taking to the oven and let it bake for a couple of minutes. That’s it. There are no crazy steps, no difficult ingredients, nothing to make the cake making process difficult. Can we just agree that easy cake recipes are just the best?
I love to serve them with a couple of dollops of vanilla frosting and decorate them with some orange peels, but you can keep things simple and just go with the frosting. You can also serve them slightly warm with a big scoop of ice cream on the side. Or maybe if you are feeling extra indulgent with a generous drizzle of melted chocolate. Whichever option you pick, this cake is going to be a hit.
Orange Chocolate Cake Squares
- 2 Cups butter
- 1 ½ Cups sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tsps baking powder
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 2 Cups vanilla frosting
- Dash orange food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, whisk butter, sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder until smooth.
- Add orange juice, zest, and beat until well combined.
- In a baking pan pour the batter and place it into the oven for 20 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- In a bowl mix the frosting and orange food coloring until uniform.
- Remove cake from the oven, and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Decorate the cake with the frosting and cut into squares.
- Serve and enjoy.