Kale is all the rage! This is the perfect delicious and healthy snack that has tons of flavor without tons of calories! Try these Spicy “Cheesy” Kale Chips today!
Spicy “Cheesy” Kale Chips
- 2 ½ cups of raw cashews
- 1 large (Holland type) red bell pepper
- 2-3 red Fresno peppers
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice (to taste)
- 2 tsp mineralized sea salt
- 2 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 3 bunches curly kale
- Soak the cashews in water for 3-4 hours.
- Combine with the stemmed and seeded peppers, lemon, salt and yeast in a blender. Puree.
- Taste the mixture, and if it needs it, add more salt or lemon.
- Strip the stems from the kale leaves. You can do this easily by holding the end of the stem in one hand and firmly running the other hand up the sides of it, dislodging the leaf. The tough part of the stem will come off, leaving the tenderer part intact.
- In a large bowl, combine the kale with the blended mixture, using your hands to evenly distribute the mixture.
- Lay the leaves onto a dehydrator racks, crowding them but not stacking them. Dehydrate at 105° F for 12-16 hours, until very crisp.
- Store in sealed zip bags. If you don’t get them dry enough they will soften in the bag.
- If you don’t have a dehydrator, they can be laid out on a rack or over a pan in the oven with the temperature set as low as possible. The time to dehydrate will be greatly reduced, probably to about an hour or even less.
Special thanks to Paulding & Co. for sharing this healthy snack!