Here at Remodelaholic we love all things home decor and DIY, but we also love RECIPES. While we will continue to share our latest and greatest remodeling projects we want to start sharing some really yummy recipes once a week. Enjoy the recipes and know that we are still Remodelaholics.
And why do I call them chicken taco quesadillas? Well because I use the same fillings I would use to make tacos like cilantro and lime juice and red cabbage and cook it like a quesadilla. it’s the best of both worlds and so good you’ll wonder why you didn’t make this before.
However, the secret to all the flavor is in the spicy chicken. Oh my gosh, I should create a completely different post to talk about the spicy chicken. It’s seasoned with jalapeño, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and just a pinch of salt.
The spicy chicken is the perfect filling, it’s packed with flavor but not too overpowering. Actually, sometimes I triple the chicken recipe and use it throughout the week in more tacos, over rice, as a sandwich filling, and with pasta. You can also freeze it cooked and take it out when you are in need of a last minute meal.
I also like to add cheese, like a lot of cheese, this is a quesadilla after all! And this recipe has all the melty, stringy, cheesiness that I love in a Mexican recipe.
Once the chicken is done just place all the fillings on top of a flour tortilla and then top with another tortilla. If you want to make this recipe gluten free just swap the flour tortilla for a corn one and you are all set. Take to a skillet and cook each side for 2 minutes or until slightly brown.
Then just serve in a dish and share it with your family.
Chicken Taco Quesadillas
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeño
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cups corn
- 2 cups red cabbage chopped
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese
- cilantro to taste
- 8 flour tortillas
- Thinly slice the chicken breasts, place in a pan over medium heat. Add the cumin, jalapeño, garlic, onion, salt, and oil. Cook for 10 minutes or until done.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the corn and cheese.
- Scoop around ⅓ of chicken corn mix, and place in one of the tortillas. Add cabbage and cilantro and top with another tortilla.
- Take to a skillet and cook each side until golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the tortillas.
- Cut into triangles. Serve and enjoy
You can substitute the flour tortillas and use corn tortillas instead for a gluten-free meal option.