Rainbow Sprinkle Funfetti Cookies Recipe
It’s easy to make funfetti cookies from scratch with a few basic ingredients and plenty of rainbow jimmies sprinkles. No boxed cake mix required!
For more colorful fun cookies, try these no bake trail mix cookies, kool-aid sugar cookies, and chocolate chip M&M cookies.
Funfetti Cookies from Scratch
This post contains affiliate links. Learn more and read our full disclosure policy here.
The sprinkle-filled funfetti flavor cake mix is an American favorite, and for a good reason! We’ve channeled that delicious quintessential birthday cake flavor into this from-scratch funfetti rainbow sprinkle cookies recipe. No box cake mix needed!
See more: 25+ Cookie Recipes for a Cookie Party
The secret of the copycat funfetti flavor is the combination of both vanilla extract and almond extract. Cornstarch in the dough gives them the perfect light texture. And an ample amount of rainbow jimmies sprinkles makes them colorful and fun!
No refrigerating the dough means that you can have these cookies ready for a party in around half an hour! Quick, easy, and sure to please a crowd.
TIP: A cookie dough scoop set makes homemade cookies so much easier! Highly recommend.
Homemade Funfetti Cookies with Rainbow Sprinkles
Rainbow Sprinkle Funfetti Cookies
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Rainbow Jimmie Sprinkles plus more for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with silicone mat
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes
- Add egg, beat well
- Add vanilla and almond extracts, beat
- Sift together dry ingredients, gradually add and beat well
- Note: dough will be very stiff
- Stir in sprinkles being careful not to overmix or the sprinkles will start to bleed into the dough
- Use a cookie dough scoop and roll dough into 1 inch balls
- Roll cookies in addition sprinkles, if desired
- Bake for 8-10 minutes for a softer cookie or 11-12 for a crisp cookie
- Cool on wire rack
- Store in airtight container
Please pin this to save it and share with your fellow cookie loving friends!