Here’s a wonderfully festive recipe for fall. Who doesn’t love a tasty pumpkin roll? Whip this up today and enjoy!
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 c pumpkin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare a 15 x 10 cookie sheet by lining with wax or parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
- Prepare a thin kitchen towel by laying flat and sprinkling with powered sugar.
- Beat eggs for several minutes.
- Slowly add 1 cup sugar.
- Add pumpkin and combine.
- Add lemon juice and combine.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Fold dry ingredient into wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour onto wax paper on cookie sheet and spread evenly over sheet.
- Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until done.
- Turn cake out onto sugared towel and roll up like a jelly roll. Allow to cool.
- Combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla or lemon extract in a separate bowl.
- Unroll cake and spread filling mixture over it and re-roll.
- Place in fridge and cool.
For a slight variation, about an hour before serving, place roll on serving dish and top with chocolate ganache. Allow chocolate to harden a bit before serving.
Images courtesy of Sweet Pea’s Kitchen.