This lovely grilled chicken dish makes for a quick and easy weeknight dinner you can feel good about serving your family!
Grilled Chicken with Roasted Garlic Veloute Sauce
- 4 5oz chicken breast fillets
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1.5 cups of chicken broth (pacific foods)
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon of water
- A pinch of white pepper
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken with the spices, and then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat up your grill to a medium-high heat and place the chicken on the grill with the skin side down and mark for about 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 350 degree F oven, place the grilled chicken on a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the chopped garlic and sauté for 3 minutes until the garlic starts to turn light brown.
- Add the wine, chicken stock and white pepper and then bring to a boil. Once it’s boiling, add the corn starch with the water and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Cook for 1 more minute and remove from the stove and serve over chicken.
- You can serve this with mashed potatoes and sautéed green beans for a nice, delicious and hearty meal.
Special thanks to BistroMD for sharing this delicious dish with us!