Check out this delicious Chocolate Bomb recipe. Easy to prepare, this tasty treat is guaranteed to be a hit at any dinner party.
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 1 c sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 c whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler. When melted set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment or by hand using a spoon in a large bowl, mix the sugar and eggs until color lightens, about 1 minute.
- Pour the cooled chocolate/butter mixture beat into the mixer or bowl then stir in the heavy cream, vanilla and salt. Beat well, scraping the ingredients from the sides of the bowl as you mix.
- Add the flour and mix until blended.
- Divide the mixture between four 6-ounce ovenproof cappuccino cups or any style cup or small bowl. Fill to 1/4 inch below the rim of the cup.
- Place cups on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or just until the tops of the cake begin to crack. Do not over bake. The tops should be crisp and the interior soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- While cooling, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, about 5 minutes. Don’t over whip or it will turn into butter. You could also use whipped cream from a can to save time.
- Place a dollop of the flavored whipped cream onto each warm cup and garnish with a dusting of cocoa powder.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Special thanks to Debra Levy Picard for sharing this great recipe from her new cookbook Tastosterone: The Best Cookbook for Men.