Here at Remodelaholic we love all things home decor and DIY, but we also love RECIPES. While we will continue to share our latest and greatest remodeling projects we want to start sharing some really yummy recipes once a week. Enjoy the recipes and know that we are still Remodelaholics.
With the combination of just a few ingredients, you’ll be well on your way to creating a yummy appetizer. The overall calorie count is less thanks to the recipe calling for light cream cheese. You can even substitute spinach for the ham or sausage if your crowd includes vegetarians.
Be sure to use a large baking dish with sides (affiliate link) so your mushrooms don’t roll around or fall off while baking. Liquid will collect while baking. Be sure to carefully drain the excess liquid before serving your mushrooms.
And just like that, in less than 30 minutes, you have an impressive appetizer for your dinner guests to enjoy before diving into the big meal. Happy Baking!
Stuffed MushroomsPrint Recipe
- 12 oz large stuffing mushrooms
- 6 oz light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped ham or prepared sausage
- 2 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- parmesan cheese
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Place cap up in a large baking dish (with sides). Dice stems finely and saute until cooked.
- Slightly soften cream cheese in microwaveable bowl.
- Add sauted stems and all other ingredients except parmesan cheese. If mixture is too liquidy, add a bit more bread crumbs but make sure you don't make it stiff.
- Mound mushroom caps with filling. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-18 minutes until mushrooms are browned. Drain juice carefully and serve.