Whether hosting a small family get-together or company holiday party, this peppermint mocha panna cotta is the perfect sweet treat for the season. And it’s gorgeous!
Peppermint Mocha Panna Cotta
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Nielsen-Massey Organic Fairtrade Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Coffee Extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (garnish)
- Place 8 mini martini glasses or dessert molds on a small rimmed sheet pan; set aside.
- In a small glass measuring cup, add water. Sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
- To a medium saucepan, add whipping cream, sugar, coffee, vanilla, peppermint and coffee extracts; stir to combine.
- Place over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved and the cream just begins to gently boil.
- Reduce heat; add softened gelatin, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Equally fill glasses with mixture, about 1/4 cup each.
- Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 2-3 hours. Before serving, dust with cocoa powder.
A big thank you to Nielsen-Massey for this holiday dessert recipe.