Looking for a simple, single serving dessert to whip up tonight? Enjoy a delicious pizookie (or skillet cookie) for two prepared in the microwave! You can’t get more simple than that!
- 2 Tbsp shortening ( I used coconut oil)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 shake of salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp white whole wheat flour
- 2-3 Tbsp chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, mix your sugar and shortening together thoroughly.
- Add yolk and vanilla and combine.
- Add salt, baking soda, and flour and combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into two medium-sized microwaveable ceramic ramekins or a ceramic cereal bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. (Do not over do this!)
- Now broil it or pop it in the toaster oven for 2 minutes (this is what gives it a good crust).
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream or two and chocolate and caramel sauce. Enjoy!