Did you know that October is National Popcorn Poppin’ month? Why not celebrate with this unconventional but YUMMY spicy chocolate popcorn? There’s a secret ingredient that just might surprise you…
Spicy Chocolate Popcorn
- 1 bag buttered popcorn
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tsp. Colman’s Mustard
- 1 tbsp. light Karo syrup
- Pop the popcorn according to package directions.
- In a small saucepan, add the chocolate chips and heat on low.
- Add the milk and stir constantly until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add the mustard and the Karo syrup. Mix well.
- Dump the popcorn into a bowl and pour chocolate mixture over popcorn.
- Mix well and let it sit till it cools.
Special thanks to Colman’s Mustard for submitting this fun take on popcorn in honor of National Popcorn Poppin’ month!