It is summer time again, at least for another few more weeks… which to me = zucchinis. I love zucchini! Anyone else? Do ya have a good Zucchini casserole recipe? Let me share mine!
My mother actually planted 2 zucchini plants this year one green and one yellow (and no they aren’t just yellow squash). Did you know that yellow zucchini existed, I didn’t! But it is really helpful to keep the zucchinis from turning into baseball bats, because you can actually see them!
So anyway, we have been cooking zucchini around here like crazy! And we have a great option for those of you who want to have a great zucchini recipe… here you go! It has such great flavor, and a nice crispy stuffing top AMAZING!
Crusty Stuffing Topped Zucchini CasserolePrint Recipe
- 5-6 medium zucchini
- 1 cup water
- sprinkle of salt
- 6 Tbsp. Butter divided
- 1 carrot grated
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 box Herb Chicken Stuffing mix about 3 cups, divided
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 3/4 tsp. Lemon Pepper
- 3/4 tsp. Bon Appetite spice blend
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut the zucchini in half down the length and then cut them into 1/2″ slices, (keep the pieces about bite size)
- Add zucchini, water and salt to a 3 quart + saucepan. Bring water to a boil and cook for approx. 4 minutes.
- In another skillet melt 3 Tbsp. butter, add carrot and onion sauté lightly for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from heat, Pour in 1 1/2 cup stuffing mix, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, lemon pepper, garlic powder and Bon appetite stir to combine. Fold in cooked zucchini.
- In a small separate bowl add remaining 1 1/2 cup stuffing mix and toss with 3 Tbsp. melted butter.
- Spray cooking spray in an 8 by 11 casserole dish. Pour in the zucchini mixture. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 – 30-35 minutes till stuffing is brown. Serves 6-8
Need some other zucchini recipes? Here are a few of my FAVORITES (just click on the image to see the recipe!):
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.