This creamy and delicious carrot ginger soup is a great, healthy option for your family. It’s quick and easy too!
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 onion
- 1 lb. carrots
- 1-inch piece ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1 quart water plus 1 Tbs. light miso
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste (or white pepper)
- Chiffonade of basil or Thai basil for garnish
- Peel and coarsely dice onion.
- Peel and slice carrots.
- Peel and slice ginger (scrape skin off ginger with the dull back-side of a paring knife).
- Peel and chop garlic.
- Warm olive oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Add onion, carrots and ginger.
- Sauté over medium heat until starting to soften.
- Add garlic, and continue to cook for a minute longer.
- Add cayenne, water and miso, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook, covered for 15 minutes.
- Taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Continue to cook another 10 minutes, until very soft.
- Puree in the blender until smooth. Adjust seasonings and add more water if too thick.
- Garnish bowls of soup with a chiffonade of fresh basil or Thai basil, and serve.
This light and healthy recipe comes to us from Paulding & Company. Thanks for submitting!