This light and delicious recipe is filled with refreshing spring flavors: watermelon, basil, and tomato. Quick and easy to prepare, this chilled soup is perfect to enjoy outside with friends and family.
Chilled Tomato, Watermelon, and Basil Soup
- 1 cup canned low-sodium plum tomatoes
- ¼ cup low-sodium tomato puree
- 1 cup chopped watermelon (seedless)
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon orange zest *
- 1 tablespoon basil, chiffonade (cut into thin strips)
- Garnish: Four sprigs of fresh basil
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend well.
- Chill. Before serving, garnish each bowl with a sprig of fresh basil.