Here’s a delicious and healthier dessert option for you! This pineapple and peach crumble is packed full of fruit and whole grains with plenty of natural sugar to give you your fix!
Fresh Pineapple and Peach Crumble
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and peeled, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cans sugar free (no Splenda added) peaches, drained of juice
- 2 Tbsp white flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut (optional)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Mix cut pineapple and peaches into white flour.
- Place in 9 x 13 baking dish.
- If desired, sprinkle lightly with chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl add oatmeal, whole wheat four, brown sugar, and small cut up cubes of cold butter. Work these together with a pastry knife, your fingers, or forks, until well combined. (Because of the small amount of butter, it will not be as crumbly as you might expect.)
- Add coconut and sprinkle topping mixture evenly over the top of the fruit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.