This fresh, flavorful Wheatberry Cranberry Salad is bursting with harvest flavors and fiber: cranberries, zucchini, chickpeas, wheatberries, even feta! The recipe is simple, quick, and free of preservatives.
Wheatberry Cranberry Salad
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp. fresh orange zest
- 1.5 cups wheatberries
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup feta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp. LoSalt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Combine cranberries, maple, and orange zest in small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer 5-10 minutes or until most of the cranberries have popped.
- Take off heat and let cool.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Add in wheatberries, lower to a simmer and let cook 30-40 minutes.
- Once wheatberries are cooked, mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Serve salad warm, cold, or at room temperature.
Thanks to LoSalt for submitting this festive and fun recipe!