This delicious and healthy dish takes just 15 minutes to prepare! You won’t have to feel guilty enjoying this light and creamy pasta with squash tonight!
Creamy Pasta with Squash
- 1 lb box whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1-2 cups spinach, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- sprinkle of garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1/2 yellow or white onion sliced
- Optional: sliced grilled chicken breast, seasoned to taste with salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, slice the zucchini, squash, and onion into 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick slices. Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Spray a frying pan with olive oil. Heat up to high, add the veggies, and cook quickly (for about 3-4 minutes) til slightly brown on each side. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a tablespoon or two of the liquid in the saucepan. Return the pasta to saucepan. Add cottage cheese, grated Parmesan, torn spinach, garlic salt, and onion powder stir until melted.
- Add the squash and chicken (if desired), and mix completely.
- Serve immediately while hot!