You’ll never go back to regular hummus again after you try this light and delicious split pea hummus! Get those veggies ready!
Split Pea Hummus
- 1 c. dry split peas
- 2 ½ c. water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. tahini
- Salt to taste
- In a medium pan place split peas, water and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 40 minutes or until the peas are tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Take the bay leaf out and cool.
- Place in a food processor and add cooked peas, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and tahini.
- Process until smooth. Season with salt as desired.
- Serve with freshly cut vegetables.