For a robust meal that keeps energy high during even the most hectic days, try this Double Blueberry Chia Oatmeal. The fresh blueberries add pops of color and antioxidant benefits to the fiber-rich oatmeal.
Double Blueberry Chia Oatmeal
- 4 cups whole milk (may substitute with 2% milk)
- 2½ tablespoons amber agave syrup (nectar)
- 2 teaspoons Nielsen-Massey Tahitian Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons white chia seeds
- ⅓ cup dried wild blueberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, rinsed
- milk to pour over cooked oatmeal, if desired
- 2 tablespoons Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Sugar
- In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, add milk, agave syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt; stir to combine.
- Add oats, chia and dried blueberries; stir to combine.
- Cook until done, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Serve topped with fresh blueberries, milk, and a sprinkle of vanilla sugar.
Special thanks to Nielsen-Massey for sharing this delicious dish.