The weather is getting crisp, the wind is blowing through your hair, and you’re wearing a jacket more and more these days. Yup, it’s finally the fall season! Get your home ready for autumn by adding a few things to your front door and porch. Here are 10 easy yet beautiful front porch decorating ideas for fall!
2. Make fall-themed pillows for your bench or chair on your front porch. Diana at Our Vintage Home made a couple of burlap pillows and painted silhouettes of crows on them. Perfect for Halloween! She plans to flip them over and stencil something different in time for Thanksgiving when Halloween is over. How about making silhouettes of leaves, pumpkins, corn, or deer on pillows for your front porch?
3. Add a chalkboard to your front porch and write (or draw!) down a saying or greeting that is perfect for the fall season. Shannon of AKA Design + Life used clear chalkboard coating and black craft paint on a piece of MDF to make her chalkboard. The great thing about this front porch idea is that you could continue to use it throughout all four seasons!
4. Put down an outdoor rug to define your front porch. Sure, you could always use a door mat, but why not get a slightly bigger rug to give your front porch more warmth and beauty? If you don’t have that big of a front porch, a 2×3 outdoor rug would still bring a lot of character to your front door. Try looking for outdoor rugs in green, orange/red, and other autumn colors. Jen of Tatertots & Jello used a fun orange polka dot IKEA rug for her front porch.
5. Create a house numbers pumpkin topiary to add to your front porch for fall. This really great idea comes from Heather of At The Picket Fence. She made a topiary with faux pumpkins and plastic house numbers. The result is a beautiful topiary with three pumpkins stacked on top of each other, proudly displaying the house number. What a great addition to your front porch for fall!
6. Build rustic pumpkin decor from reclaimed wood. Laura from Finding Home made several really nice-looking and rustic wooden pumpkins using a jig saw and reclaimed wood. These pumpkins will look great next to any front door and will be able to reused for many more fall seasons to come.
7. Make a pumpkin flower pot or two. Instead of using a regular flower pot to hold your fall flowers, why not make a pumpkin flower pot from a faux pumpkin like Jamielyn of I Heart Naptime did? This project is so easy that it’ll only take you a few minutes to finish it, but you’ll be able to use them again and again.
8. Create and hang up a beautiful fall leaf light from your porch. Janis of All Things Beautiful crafted this awesome fall leaf light using real fallen leaves from her front yard and some wire, grapevine, Christmas lights, and branches. The result is amazing and will impress all of your guests AND people who drive past your home!
9. Add lighted branches with real branches in a pot to add ambiance to your front porch. Jen of At Home in the Northwest bought a couple of lighted branches but decided to stretch out her purchase with a couple of real branches. The mix of real branches and lighted branches makes it look like all the branches are lighted and the result is gorgeous!
10. Grab a plaid or tartan wool blanket and drape it over a bench or chair, like Yvonne of StoneGable did. This simple addition to your front porch will instantly get the space ready for fall. Plus, it’s functional as well as decorative since it’ll keep you warm while you sit and sip hot cider. Ahh, fall.
I hope you’ve been inspired by this list of ideas of how to dress up your front porch for fall! Are you planning on trying any of these ideas? What other front porch decorating ideas for fall have you seen or used yourself?
Feature and Title image via Better Homes and Gardens.