October is finally here, and with it, Halloween! Why not plan a fun and festive meal for the holiday? Introducing Dinner in a Pumpkin! AND it's only 8 Weight Watchers points per serving!
Dinner in a Pumpkin
- 1 small to medium pumpkin, deseeded and washed with cap on
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-5 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 8-oz can water chestnuts, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place pumpkin on a cookie sheet.
- Cook the pumpkin for approximately 30 minutes. (Depending on the pumpkin's size, cooking time may have to be extended.)
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet.
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, onion, and mushrooms and saute till vegetables are soft.
- Add rice, soup, and water chestnuts.
- Remove pumpkin after it has been cooking empty, add skillet mixture, and cook an additional 30 minutes to an hour. (You want the pumpkin completely cooked, so that you can scoop some of the pumpkin out with the beef mixture when serving.)