Celebrate National Egg Month with this egg bake as the star! This simple egg casserole is full of fun and delicious flavors and is perfect for your next brunch!
Recipe Type: Brunch
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped ham or sausage
- 8 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, sprinkle half of both cheeses and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, sauté mushrooms, onions and red pepper and spinach in butter until tender.
- Place over cheese and top with ham or sausage.
- Sprinkle mixture with the remaining cheese.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, flour, parsley, dill, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Slowly pour over the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.