This gourmet peppermint hot cocoa is the perfect treat for a cozy night this holiday season. The rich cocoa with cool peppermint makes for a decadent dessert perfect for a relaxing evening or holiday extravaganza.
Gourmet Peppermint Hot Cocoa
- ⅓ cup unsweetened quality cocoa powder (Dutch processed)
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Chocolate Extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Place over medium-low heat and gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half until combined.
- Stirring occasionally, heat to desired temperature, being careful not to let the mixture boil.
- Stir in pure vanilla, peppermint and chocolate extracts.
- For an extra blast of peppermint, drop a peppermint candy in the bottom of each mug before serving.
Special thanks to Nielsen-Massey for sharing this festive recipe!