Wow guests with this grilled brie with cranberry orange sauce. This simple, sophisticated appetizer will be sure to impress at any special occasion or casual get-together.
Grilled Brie with Cranberry Orange Sauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 12 oz frozen cranberries
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 Brie round (1 lb), 6-inch diameter
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Assorted crackers
- In saucepan, combine sugar, 3/4 cup water and lemon juice; bring to boil over medium heat.
- Stir in cranberries and return to boil. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in orange zest; let cool completely.
- Score outer edge of Brie.
- Place grill plates on the George Foreman Evolve grill. Use switch at bottom right rear of grill to make flat surface. Close cover and set cooking temperature to sear and cooking time for 3 minutes. Allow grill to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Place Brie on grill and close the cover; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is heated through but not oozing.
- Transfer to a platter and spoon some of the cranberry sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with pecans and serve with crackers.
Special thanks to George Foreman for sharing this lovely appetizer!