I don’t know about you, but from time to time, with Pinterest, Instagram and all the amazing design shows out there, it can be a little overwhelming and feel like you will never be able to achieve the perfect home. But while those perfect houses that we are constantly bombarded with, might take us a lifetime to create, I find that it is the little things, done here and there, that make my house feel like home, and the truth of the matter is that a lot of projects are so easy to do.
So today, we decided to share a simple project, that anyone can do, that will make their home just a bit more comfortable. How to update a showerhead!! This project takes less than 5 minutes, and it really can bring added function and utility to your bathroom. Not to mention if your showerhead is bad, it is just annoying and with how easy it is to update, there is no reason, to live with a bad shower head.
We’ve created a video of how to do this, and we have step by steps below, so you get the best of both worlds here.
How to Install A New Showerhead
1. Remove the old showerhead:
2. Remove the old teflon tape:
3. Re-install new teflon tape. Circle the threads about 7 times and smooth the edge and use your nail to impress the tape into threads slightly(watch he video above, to see what I mean in action), this will help to give the new showerhead a place to thread on to the old pipe.
4. Screw on the new attachment.
5. Attach the showerhead hose to the top attachment. Be sure to use the black rubber gasket provided with the showerhead
6. Attach the showerhead to the other end of the hose, also being sure to use the black gasket provided. This will seal it from water leaks so it is important!
Guess what you are done!! And the best part is the awesome magnetic return feature on this showerhead. The head is SO easy to put back in place, even if you have your eyes hut tight to avoid soap getting in your eyes you can just grab the head and use it and return it without any effort! It is awesome!!
I hope that you find these steps simple to follow and that you can do this in your home asap!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Moen. The opinions and text are all mine.