This scrumptious mushroom stuffing is perfect for your holiday feast! Try it for your Thanksgiving or Christmas meal!
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced 1⁄4” thick
- 1 cup green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup celery, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage, rough chop
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- Cornbread (see recipe below)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9×13 baking dish.
- In a saute pan, warm the olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, onions, celery, sage, salt and pepper. Sweat vegetables over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Cool mixture in refrigerator.
- Crumble cornbread into bite size pieces. Scramble eggs in a bowl and combine with cornbread, cool vegetables, stock and heavy cream. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Serve.
Recipe Type: Breads
- 1 cup self-rising white cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk, more or less
- 1 to 2 tablespoons green onion, minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Pepper or garlic powder, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 9” cast iron skillet.
- Combine the cornmeal and flour with the salt and sugar.
- Blend in the egg and add enough buttermilk to make a thick batter.
- Add any green onion and other optional ingredients you want.
- Grease skillet well.
- Pour batter into hot skillet and bake about 45 minutes. Until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
Special thanks to LongHorn Steakhouse for submitting this beautiful holiday recipe! Also try their Brown Butter Cake with Poached Pears.