This scrumptious mushroom stuffing is perfect for your holiday feast! Try it for your Thanksgiving or Christmas meal!
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced 1⁄4” thick
- 1 cup green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup celery, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage, rough chop
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- Cornbread (see recipe below)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9×13 baking dish.
- In a saute pan, warm the olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, onions, celery, sage, salt and pepper. Sweat vegetables over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Cool mixture in refrigerator.
- Crumble cornbread into bite size pieces. Scramble eggs in a bowl and combine with cornbread, cool vegetables, stock and heavy cream. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Serve.
Recipe Type: Breads
- 1 cup self-rising white cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk, more or less
- 1 to 2 tablespoons green onion, minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Pepper or garlic powder, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat 9” cast iron skillet.
- Combine the cornmeal and flour with the salt and sugar.
- Blend in the egg and add enough buttermilk to make a thick batter.
- Add any green onion and other optional ingredients you want.
- Grease skillet well.
- Pour batter into hot skillet and bake about 45 minutes. Until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool.
Remodelaholic is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Please see our full disclosure here.