Looking for a healthy snack with no lack of flavor? With an Excalibur Dehydrator, the possibilities are endless! Try these delicious nacho cheese kale chips now!
Nacho Cheese Kale Chips
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon pureed garlic (about 2 cloves)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ pound stemmed curly kale (about 1 ½ large bunches)
- Soak the cashews in water for 4 to 6 hours.
- Rinse and drain.
- To make the cheese sauce, combine the cashews, carrot, water, nutritional yeast, chili powder, lemon juice, salt, garlic, onion powder, cumin, and cayenne in an Omega high-performance blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Wash and towel-dry the kale and put it in a large bowl.
- Toss the kale with the sauce, making sure all the sauce is clinging to the leaves.
- Place the leaves on Excalibur dehydrator trays covered with a nonstick sheet.
- Make sure that each leaf is separated from the others and none are on top of each other. This ensures that the leaves dry quickly and evenly.
- Dehydrate at 105°F until completely crisp, about 12 hours or longer
Thanks to Excalibur Dehydrator for submitting this great recipe! Check out their other healthy snack recipes featured on FOODIEaholic.