and help, please read!!
Guess what!- this is the actual author of this blog. Cassity, AKA Remodelaholic, AKA the missing blogger… I know amazing right? You haven’t heard from me, besides intros to posts for about 20 weeks. I apologize for this, my morning sickness is extraordinarily LONG! – But I can see the light, and something besides the porcelain throne in my bathroom, so things are looking up for me. (BTW we are having another girl- yea for sisters!!)
As I am finally getting back to normal – we have been working S.L.O.W.L.Y. on some projects and I would like to share them with you, BUT I am extremely short on time. So, I have been doing some thinking about ways to save time, and I would like your opinions:
1. First, instead of typing out intros to featured posts, I am considering simply writing the title of the project and who the blog post is by with a link (like I have been doing on my craft blog seen here or in the example below). This has saved me a huge amount of time on my other blog and allowed me to show off more projects and I think that is what I am going to start doing here. What do you think?
Hopefully, and I have to say that tentatively because I have a 14 month old that needs a lot of love and attention this means that I can take some of the time that was writing intros (21 times a week mind you!) and write a post about what we are up to.
2. Weekends- I have played with this idea off and on and just haven’t been able to give them up and still don’t want to make promises as to yea or nay. So here is my compromise: When it comes to weekend posts, we will continue to have the weekend link parties for you to glean inspiration an share what you have been working on the basic schedule :
- Friday morning 7:00 AM CST- Remodelaholic’s Anonymous (still planning on 2 other feature posts this day, fyi)
- Saturday morning 7:00 AM CST – For Sale by Owner, your chance to show off what you are selling on your blog, or Etsy shop, furniture you’ve refinished. This is for HOME BASED businesses that are family friendly.
- Sunday morning 7:00 AM CST: Recipe link Party; I will share a recipe and you can show me what you’ve been cooking up.
As far as other features (on Saturday or Sunday), I am not going to promise that there are any. If I have the time, great, if not, please feel free to look through archives and or click around on all the lovely links from the parties. These two days will be interactive for you and a rest for me. Would that work?
3. I have received a few emails recently about the blog page loading slowly. I don’t seem to have a problem at my house or at my husbands work, so I didn’t know. But this means we need to do some blog design cleanup, which I can tell you for this semi html-illiterate blogger takes some time. But I want to you know that we are going to be addressing this as soon as we can. …please bear with us.
4. Truth be told, lately for obvious (illness) reasons I have been less of a Remodelaholic and more of a momaholic, just doing what I have to to survive a toddler and morning sickness. I am BARELY getting the hang of getting the dishes done with a fully mobile child standing in the dishwasher “helping”…really how do mothers with several children do it all???
…but this hasn’t kept me from dreaming up great plans for our house. The fact is, a lot of these awesome plans stay just that plans – in quick sketch form on my graph paper. BUT the plans are interesting. I do sketches, sometimes several versions and they look kinda cool and I was wondering if that would be interesting for you guys to see? With the caveat that most of these plans will never see the lumber store.
I thought that maybe I can explain the process a bit and the goals for the project and that would be that. If it comes to life and we actually follow through with one, then I will go into more detail of course. So the question is Would you like these kinds of posts?
5. Also, I have a passion for space planning, hence the unused plans and sketches I am always drawing… But I would love to show off some of the ideas we have come up with while shopping for houses or helping family out with floor plan options and quick changes. Unfortunately- I can’t do yours. But you might get some inspiration for what could possibly happen. Would you like to see some Space Planning Posts?
Okay, that is all I really have on my mind at the moment. Please consider giving me some constructive feedback to some or all of the questions I have asked. And hopefully I can get going on them asap, although I still think it may only get to be one post per week by moi… but at least I might be little more involved right?
OH YEA! wait…
So, it seems that we have moved into the crafting season. People are settling into home and feathering their nests not so much remodeling them which means:
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.