Are you accommodating a gluten-free diet at your table this Thanksgiving? This quinoa with pomegranate and pistachio is perfect for them. It's healthy and full of flavor, too!
Quinoa with Pomegranate and Pistachio
- 2 cups quinoa
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons pomegranate seeds, plus 2 tablespoons for serving
- 3 tablespoons salted pistachios
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced into rounds (optional)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for the orange (optional)
- Rinse the quinoa in cold water to remove its bitterness.
- Bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil. Add the quinoa, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dress with the olive oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and set aside to cool.
- Gently mix the pomegranate seeds, pistachios, and scallions into the quinoa. Taste and season to taste.
- Serve with sliced oranges dressed with olive oil, if desired.
Thanks to AARP for sharing this great gluten-free recipe!