This beautiful Spanish frittata is the perfect way to start your morning. It’s a delicious, healthy option for your anti-inflammation diet.
Recipe Type: Brunch
- 12 large organic eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp. sea salt, or more to taste
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, small chop
- ½ cup sautéed mushrooms or your favorite vegetable
- 1 cup spinach or arugula
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk the eggs and coconut milk with 2 pinches of salt. Set aside.
- Prepare pan with coconut oil and medium-high heat and sauté onions until translucent, about 3 min.
- Add mushroom or favorite vegetable and sauté until soft.
- Toss in spinach and fold into veggie mixture just until wilted. Remove vegetables from pan; set aside.
- Turn down the heat to low, adding a little more coconut oil if needed. Using the same skillet, add the eggs, shaking to distribute the mixture evenly. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, using a spatula to spread the eggs from the edges to the center until the edges are no longer runny. Arrange the vegetable mixture over the top evenly.
- Transfer to a 375-degree oven and cook for 5 minutes until set and slightly browned. Remove from oven. Be very aware of the hot handle!
- To finish, slide partially cooked frittata onto a large plate; wearing oven mitts, place a plate over the pan and, holding the two together, invert them so the frittata drops onto the plate. Slide the frittata back into the pan so partially cooked side is up. Place back in oven to cook 3-4 min. more.
- Top with spinach or arugula and serve.
Special thanks to Cherie Calbom for sharing this diet-friendly recipe. Also try her Tropical Quinoa Salad, Stone Fruit and Lavender Chutney, and Cherry Chocolate Shake!